Dialyseguard – Microbiological online monitoring of process water in dialysis circuits.
A new method will enable the automated and continuous online detection of bacteria in dialysis water as a rapid analysis. This system would represent a significant improvement on the conventional random sampling of dialysis water, as it would be faster, more sensitive and cheaper. In contrast to the cultivation-based detection method used to date for bacteria, this method could also be used to detect living but not culturable bacteria (VBNC).
Project Management Agency: VDI/VDE Innovation + Technik GmbH
Grant number: 16KN013520
Project duration: 1.11.2013 to 30.3.2016
Project partners involved:
- Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung, Berlin
- Fachhochschule Münster / Abteilung Steinfurt, Fachbereich Chemieingenieurwesen, Steinfurt
- Hochschule Niederrhein, iNano Institut, Krefeld
- Mikrobiologisches Labor Dr. Michael Lohmeyer GmbH
- Quantum Analysis GmbH, Münster